Memory Maker Project
The Memory Maker Project (MMP) is a grassroots cultural access and advocacy organization for people living with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of memory loss in the 607 area code. MMP believes that through education and collaboration, our vibrant local culture can be accessible to everyone, regardless of diagnosis.
The main focus of The Memory Maker Project is to:
- Map out and make connections with all of the rich cultural assets in New York’s Southern Tier.
- Educate staff and volunteers of cultural organizations about barriers that people living with memory loss might face when attending their facilities.
- Figure out ways to lessen these barriers.
- Organize events that are inclusive but designed especially for those living with memory loss.
- Bring art and culture to local care communities.
- Educate our community about the the incredible impact that the arts and culture have on our family, friends and neighbors living with memory loss.