CTA & Cornell
Our Affiliation with Cornell University
The Center for Transformative Action, an education-based independent non-profit organization, enjoys an affiliation with Cornell University. This affiliation allows us to collaborate with Cornell faculty, staff and students, contributing to the university’s educational mission. Our offices are on Cornell’s campus, in Anabel Taylor Hall.
We see that the global need for a new generation of change makers has never been greater and that students are eager to help solve today's critical social problems. Our work with Cornell University focuses in the following areas:
- We offer an undergraduate course at Cornell in the department of Applied Economics and Management entitled Social Entrepreneurs, Innovators, and Problem Solvers
- We provide ready non-profit status, business services, and mentorship to students with transformative social change projects.
- We serve as an advisor to Cornell student organizations focused on social entrepreneurship and social change.
- We offer a fellowship program designed to bring together remarkable undergraduate and graduate students from across disciplines and interests to be part of our team. This fellowship offers participants real work experience with nonprofit social ventures.
- CTA and our Project Partners collaborate with Cornell students and faculty on variety of educational and research programs.
- We are a member of Cornell United Religious Work
Additionally, CTA offers Cornell students several ways to learn about social entrepreneurship and transformative action. You can read more about it here.